Sunday 20 October 2013

Stranger #2 - Eve



When my friend Katie told me she wanted to spend her second to last Saturday at Portobello Market, (one of my favourite markets in London) I decided to grab my camera and come along. While the girls gushed over teapots and jewelry I went ahead to find my next stranger. The crowded Portobello Road was full of them, a stranger’s paradise. I had nearly walked the entire street without approaching anyone; I was working myself up something ridiculous. There were so many strangers I wanted to ask but at the last minute I would chicken out. Then I saw Eve, slightly to the side of the foot traffic on his phone. I had to be brave and ask, I had nothing to lose right? Shakily I approached him and explained the project, he accepted. Relief! Turns out he is a Fashion Designer from Brazil and choose to spend his last day in London at these markets. To the side of us was this great bright blue door, perfect to photograph against and mostly out of everyone’s way. After I took his portrait and showed him the winning shot he grabbed his Iphone and took a snap of himself displayed on the LCD screen, expressing his admiration. A few moments later his colleague joined us for a quick conversation. I walked away feeling chuffed and celebrated with a delicious brownie and banana walnut slice. Yum!  

Many thanks again Eve for being the perfect stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment